AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) – Kids Cafe, administered by the High Plains Food Bank, is planning on providing free weekday lunches at eight sites throughout the summer.
One Kids Cafe site serves meals to senior citizens at an apartment complex to provide a consistent healthy meal and socialize with other senior residents.
Meals will be provided on the first come, first serve basis.
From June 3 until August 2, not including federal holidays, there will be food served at these locations, Monday through Friday:
- ACTS Community Center located at 202 S. Louisiana from 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Amarillo Gardens Apartments located at 1223 S. Roberts Street from 1 p.m. – 2 p.m.
- Cypress Creek Apartments located at 527 Jason Avenue from 1 p.m. – 2 p.m.
- Maverick Boys & Girls Club located at 1923 S Lincoln from 8 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
On Tuesdays and Thursdays:
- Town Parc Apartments located at 6501 Woodward St. from 11 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Cathys Pointe Apartments located at 2701 North Grand Street from 1 p.m. – 2 p.m.
On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays:
- Greentree Village Apartment Homes located at 2301 Seth Ln. from 12 p.m. – 1 p.m.
- Stone Canyon Apartments located at 6208 Ventura Drive from1 p.m. – 2 p.m.
Last year in 2018, the Kids Cafe team prepared and delivered 133,155 healthy meals to local kids at safe sites in schools, daycare facilities and apartment complexes throughout the year.
For more information, click here.