The Gazette Cedar Rapids, IA — At 8:03 p.m. Friday night, firefighters responded to a fire alarm and sprinkler flow alarm at Riley’s Cafe. The Cedar Rapids Fire Department and Hiawatha Fire Department both responded to the scene, where an official release says they found a light haze inside Riley’s Cafe. Using thermal imaging, firefighters reportedly checked the ceiling in an area already impacted by a fire Thursday afternoon. After discovering hot spots, the firefighter reportedly began removing ceiling tiles and identified burning insulation and falling embers. Firefighters reportedly discovered multiple instances of burning insulation above both Riley’s Cafe and the neighboring Broken Spoke, both of which had already been closed because of Thursday’s fire. According to the report, potable and fire suppression systems were damaged. Riley’s Cafe was impacted by a broken line in the ceiling and Broken Spoke reportedly had an impacted hot water line. The report states both Thursday and Friday’s fire have been ruled unintentional. Thursday’s fire is reportedly the result of radiant heat exposure that ignited wood behind the stainless steal surrounding the stove in Riley’s Cafe kitchen, and Friday’s fire was reportedly the result of an electrical fire. The Gazette Give us feedback We value your trust and work hard to provide fair, accurate coverage. If you have found an error or omission in our reporting, tell us here. Or if you have a story idea we should look into? Tell us here.